WAND Access Group
The WAND access Group is a Sub Committee of the WAND Board Trustees.
The Access group primarily tackle physical barriers in the environment, for example:
- inaccessible public buildings and dwellings
- lack of blue badge parking
- inaccessible rail or bus services and infrastructure
However, they also have to deal with organisational and attitudinal barriers, for example:
- scrutinising plans for planning permission, to highlight where planning authorities may not have dealt with access appropriately (organisational barriers)
- ensuring that access statements are used properly (organisational barriers)
- working with designers, planning officers and other professionals to challenge negative views relating to access issues and to promote positive approaches to inclusive design (attitudinal barriers)
If you are interested in joining the WAND access Group please contact us.